Thanks to everyone who made our International Celebrate Bisexuality Day meetup such a lovely thing!
A probably-incomplete list…
- Sue for her singing, the perfect jubilant finale
- Dee, Warren and Nat for poems and songs
- Grant for leading a discussion where lots of people got to share experiences
- Lisa, Ian and Paul, for helping with the setup and being on the door some of the time
- Grant and Dee for being the “friendly faces” at the newcomers’ meetup
- Everyone on the “Bi The People” CD, which we had on for background music some of the time
- Travis & Paul at Derbyshire Friend, for taking our flyers to Derby Pride
- Dee and Cherisse for other flyer distribution
- Zoe at Nottingham Unitarians for putting the word about
- Lots of venues round town for their leaflet racks 🙂
- Everyone who gave us retweets
- Kat for inventing the handy hashtag #EMidsBi 🙂
- Jen for maintaining the Bi Visibility Day site, in which our listing was just one of many around the world!
- Hanne Blank for permission to quote from her excellent “Real women” piece
- Vron for getting in contact with Hanne, and for useful planning discussions in the run-up
- Annie and Anna, for support beforehand even though they couldn’t be there for the actual thing
- Keith for helping to put up rainbow bunting, and for previous assistance with the doorbell question
- Ellie for giving me the rainbow bunting!
- Warren for sound engineering on the day, which saved us a chunk of money
- Gaz and Steph at the Maze, for friendly cooperation and for running an ace little venue in the first place
- Everyone who filled in the surveys beforehand encouraging me to think it would work!
And of course…
- Everyone who turned up on the day, and made it worthwhile bothering in the first place.
I’ve got some other stuff to write about it too, including transcribing the crowd-sourced ideas we had. All in good time…